By Alister E. McGrath
A significant new creation to the worldwide heritage of Christianity, written via one of many world’s major theologians and writer of various bestselling textbooks.
- Provides a really worldwide overview through exploring the improvement of Christianity and comparable concerns in Asia, Latin the United States and Africa, and never simply concentrating on Western concerns
- Spanning greater than millennia and mixing parts of theology, background, and tradition, it strains the improvement of all 3 branches of Christianity – Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox – delivering context to Christianity’s origins and its hyperlinks to Judaism
- Looks past denominational heritage at Christianity’s impression on members, society, politics, and highbrow suggestion, in addition to on artwork, structure, and the normal sciences
- Combines McGrath’s acute old sensibility with bold organizational ability, breaking the fabric down into obtainable, self-contained ancient periods
- Offers an available and student-oriented textual content, assuming very little increase theological or historic wisdom at the a part of the reader